When I was in USA, I tried different types of desserts, but there were one that fascinated me. It is called Brownie and it’s all made of chocolate and can be served with ice-cream, caramel and vanilla powder.. or if you like, you can serve it plain with a cup of tea or coffee. Yesterday, I tried to bake the brownie cake at home, alone, with no help and guess what, in the end it wasn’t different than the ones from restaurants. I’ll write for you the recipe and you can try to bake one at home, because it’s very simple. You will be able to see the photos and all the steps described under them.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- cane sugar
- baking powder
- vanilla powder
- black chocolate
1. First of all preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line the cake pan ( I had one pan,but I delimited into 2).
2. For the frosting, place the dark chocolate, the butter and the milk into a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Heat gently, stirring constantly, until melted.
3. Pour the melted chocolate into a bowl and let cool. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
4. For the cake, place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat together, gradually beat in the eggs. Add some chocolate or nuts.
5. In another bowl sift the flour, sugar and cocoa powder, then fold into the mixture.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes.
7. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool completely.
8. When the cakes are cold, sandwich them together with half of the melted chocolate. Spread the remaining frosting over the top.
I served the brownie with a hot mint tea :)